Sunday, January 31, 2010

Journal 1

Brainstorming ideas before you get to the computer is an excellent idea. It saves a designer time from starring at the computer screen wondering what to do and lets the designer get ideas out quickly.

Mind Map: A quick way to get thoughts out. To me I always imagine this as my brain throwing up information onto a piece of paper and then I go back and analyze it. The brain thinks in weird ways and this process finds different directions an idea can take. I always try to be relaxed when I'm doing this and not think about time or whether the words I'm writing on the page really mean anything. Mind maps are one of my favorite ways to brainstorm.


Concept Map: Uses longer phrases than a mind map. It allows for more analysis of relationships between concepts. Should go from general to specific.


Free Writing is an exercise I have never used before. Although I did start to describe the book thoroughly I didn't really appreciate writing in full sentences. It cramped my style. Afterwards I did make an interesting list trying to decide why some groups of people in the book are happier than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment